FALL SPORTS - Summer Conditioning 2020
AdventHealth Providing FREE Pre-Participation Sports Physicals for 2020-2021
AdventHealth will perform free physicals for Volusia County Schools student-athletes, grades 6 -12, on July 17 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and July 18 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
These annual pre-participation physicals for student-athletes will include assessments of vitals and functional movement, as well as medical screening.
AdventHealth will perform these sports physicals at the Daytona International Speedway in the Rolex Lounge. To access the Rolex Lounge, participants will enter the stadium property at NASCAR Dr., across from One Daytona. Signage will direct participants to park in front of the Axalta Injector and proceed to the Suite Tower Entrance for a pre-event screening.
Safety measures will be in place. This includes a COVID-19 screening and temperature check for all participants and staff, social distancing throughout the event, masks worn by all participants and staff, frequent sanitizing of all spaces, and limited capacity.
In efforts to control numbers and ensure social distancing, student-athletes are asked to pre-register for the event. Visit www.VCSSportsPhysicals.com to secure your spot!
Please follow the guidelines below for a successful experience:
• Be sure to download, complete and sign all required paperwork before arrival.
• The physical and consent forms must be signed by a parent or guardian in order to receive a physical.
• All athletes must register in advance. There will be 10 appointment slots every 15 minutes.
• All guests must wear a mask at all times per city ordinance.
• To ensure the safety of all participants and providers, a COVID-19 screening and forehead temperature scan will be completed on all guests prior to entering the event
• In order to adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines, please limit one parent or guardian per athlete/family. No additional family members permitted.
To download the form for the annual pre-participation physicals, go to link below. Students must bring this paperwork, completed, and signed by their parents.
These free physicals are provided as part of AdventHealth's historic $2 million, five-year partnership with Volusia County Schools. The partnership strives to address three key issues affecting students: student-athlete health; career development in the healthcare industry; and chronic absenteeism.