The training provides general guidelines on volunteering, tips to find a volunteer placement, and the necessary paperwork to document their service hours for the school. These trainings are held periodically throughout the school year at each high school and it is the responsibility of the student to attend. The documentation obtained at the training includes:
- The Youth Partnership Program Agreement to be completed by the student, parent and agency PRIOR to the volunteer service. The completed agreement form should be submitted to your YPP Coordinator for approval prior to completing the service hours. This process eliminates the possibility of a student proceeding with service that would not fall under the school's requirements as volunteerism.
- The Youth Partnership Program Sign-In Sheet, used by the student to document their volunteer service and signed by the volunteer site designee.
- The Youth Partnership Program Student/Parent Guidelines pamphlet, which explains the program's purpose, requirements, objectives, and student responsibilities.
- The Volunteer Experience Form, which is completed only once by exiting seniors to provide and opportunity for the student to reflect on their volunteer experience.
NOTES: The student must attend the school's YPP Volunteer Training to obtain the documentation referenced above. Students may also receive additional training/orientation from the recipient volunteer agency or organization. It is important the student understands their job role and ask questions for clarification. If a student is asked to do anything which makes them feel uncomfortable, they should report this to their parent/guardian, school YPP coordinator, or another trusted adult.
COMMUNITY SERVICE WORKSHOPS
COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS REQUIREMENTS BY PROGRAM
- Florida Academic Scholar: 100 hours
- Florida Medallion Scholar: 75 hours
- Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholar: 30 hours
Distinguished Scholar Diploma: 100 hours
Walking In White: 75 hours
Community Service Hour Dates 2019-2020
Community Service - Powerpoint Presentation
Please view the powerpoint and then complete and turn in the post test for earning your community service hours. The powerpoint will provide essential information to gain the one hour training prior to receiving credit for volunteer hours.
This is another option for students to receive the volunteer training without attending the once a month training here at the school.
Only attempt this after viewing the community service powerpoint. After viewing, complete and print out this post-test to the best of your ability, and submit it to Ms. Johnston in the School Counseling office.
If you score a 80% or higher, you become eligible for volunteer hours. If you cannot print the test, visit Ms. Johnston in the school counseling office and she will provide you with a hard copy.
Youth Partnership Program (Community Services Forms)
- YPP Agreement and Sign-In Sheet Rev 2020.pdf (263.1 KBs)