In addition to meeting the standard high school diploma requirements:Attain one or more industry certifications from the list established (per s. 1003.492, F.S.)
Beginning with the 2005-2006 school year, students who apply for and successfully complete the Superintendent’s Diploma of Distinction program shall be eligible for a differentiated diploma. The Superintendent’s Diploma of Distinction will be awarded based on the following criteria:
SUPERINTENDENT'S DIPLOMA OF DISTINCTION
- In addition to meeting all requirements for a standard diploma, students must successfully complete four (4) Advanced Placement courses to include at least two (2) subject areas and score 3 or higher on at least three (3) Advanced Placement exams.
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative weighted grade point average and a 3.0 weighted grade point average in Advanced Placement courses.
- Complete 100 hours of community service.
- Participate in ACT or SAT during Junior and Senior years. The second year test may be waived with an appropriate ACT or SAT score as determined by the Director of K-12 Curriculum and Program Accountability.
WALKING IN WHITE
Each year, a group of graduating seniors earns the honor of graduating with a white cap and gown - “Walking In White”. Below are the requirements for this honor:
- 3.5 weighted GPA
- 10 honors, AP and/or weighted dual enrollment classes
- A minimum of 1100 on the math and verbal sections of the SAT or a minimum of a composite score of 23 on the ACT (a score of 22.5 will be rounded up to a 23)
- 75 hours of pre-approved community service