Class of 2020 Military Graduation
Many thanks to New Smyrna Beach EMS and Fire Department, City of Edgewater Fire Department, Edgewater Police Department and Volusia County Sheriff's Department for their assistance in presenting the "Mock Crash" to NSBHS seniors and juniors in preparation for prom scheduled for April 19th, 2019.
New Smyrna Beach Christmas Parade
December 1, 2018 - NSBHS participated in the annual parade. The parade route was at the NSB Waterfront Loop from Flagler Avenue to Canal Street in New Smyrna Beach. Marching bands, decorated floats, dancers and even troupes of horses traveled the Canal Street Historic District in New Smyrna Beach to bring the "Lights and Sounds of Christmas" to the beautiful seaside town.
Paradise Power Sports in New Smyrna Beach donated the customization and design of our school logo on one of our golf carts.
Paradise Power Sports is also giving back a portion of their profits to different businesses each quarter. They have selected our Athletic Program to be their first recipient!
We are very appreciate of their partnership!
May 14, 2019 - Congratulations Sheriff Michael Chitwood for being named Business Partner of the Year with Volusia County Schools!
May 21, 2019
April 30, 2019
Congratulations to our Council of Exceptional Children (CEC) Award Winners from the awards banquet held on Saturday, April 27th, 2019.
- CEC ESE High School Administrator of the Year - Eleeta Sue Hopkins
- CED ESE High School Inclusion Teacher of the Year - Emmeline Decker
- CEC ESE High School Para-Professional of the Year - Kerry Horan
We are so proud of all of our nominees and our award recipients. Well-deserved recognition for a job well done and for always doing what is best for our students!
April 25, 2019
April 24, 2019
April 10, 2019
April 3, 2019
The Volusia County School board voted to change school start times for next year.
- Elementary will be 7:50 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Middle will be 9:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- High School will be 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
These times will be effective in August 2019, for the start of the 2019-20 school year.
The School Board developed this schedule by modifying the start time committee's option #1 after reviewing the results of the survey.
Some options being considered are morning tutoring and offering more clubs for middle schools to help families transition to the later start time.
March 30, 2019
Event Timing: March 30th, 2019 - 8 am Registration, 9 am Run Start Time
Address: 1015 Tenth Street, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Contact us at [email protected]
February 19, 2019
18th Annual High School Art Exhibit Winners - Sponsored by The Artist's Workshop
Teacher Recognitions - May, 2017
• On Monday, May 1st the Edgewater City Council issued a Proclamation declaring next week Teacher Appreciation Week.
• On Tuesday, May 2nd the Academy Directors and Teachers were honored at the Academy Awards for the following achievements:
o Engineering Academy, Dennis Humphrey, Gold Status
o Criminal Justice Academy, Denise Johns & Diane Cox, Gold Status
o Medical Academy, Kathleen Zois & Lindsey Posick, Gold Status
o Ag Academy, Jamie Davis & Debra Marsicano, Gold Status
o Sports Marketing Academy, Roshunda Jenkins & Melanie Lott, Silver Status
o Culinary Academy, Mallory Parker, Silver Status
o Of course… all the core department teachers that integrate their curriculum with the academies also contributed to the success of the Academies. Thank you!
• On Wednesday, May 3rd the following teachers were recognized as Kiwanis Mini-Grant Recipients and presented checks by the South East Volusia Kiwanis for innovative projects:
o Debra Marsicano
o Anne Kerr, mentor coordinator
o Mary Johnson
o Gabrielle Hughes
o Christina Spradlin, Doug Pettit, Dawn Bourdette
o Mary Dykes
o Beth Outlaw
o Deb Croak
• Wednesday evening, Trista Catineau and Sonya Jarrett were honored at the district’s Math and Science Teachers banquet. Sonya Jarrett was named the Volusia County Schools Science Teacher of the Year!
NSBHS Honors Volunteer/Mentors
New Smyrna Beach High School honored its Volunteers/Mentors with a breakfast on November 3rd, 2016.
Many thanks for the time and support you have given to our students!